Senior Adult Day Center
Our Philosophy/Adult Day Services
The goal of the Day Center is to delay or eliminate the need for nursing home placement. The design of the Day Center program helps to encourage the independence of each participant. For the Clients, it encourages participation in decision-making, maintains dignity, and promotes self-esteem. For the Caregiver, it is a relief from the responsibility of providing care at home.
Adult Day Care is not a nursing home that removes people from their familiar environment.
It is a place:
- for adults who need supervision while their families are working, running errands or taking a break.
- for trained staff to assist with personal care and meaningful activities.
- that allows socialization among clients and staff to promote a general feeling of self-worth.
It is a structured, comprehensive program that abides by government standards and provides a variety of health, social and related support services in a protective setting. Clients attend on a pre-scheduled basis as walk-ins are not accepted. Programs within the Center promote independence, freedom of choice and cognitive thinking.
- music, art and pet therapy
- range of motion exercises
- reminiscence games and activities
- other recreational programs
Clients who arrive before 10:00 a.m. are offered a choice of breakfast food and beverages. A hot lunch at noon with menus planned by a Registered Dietitian is provided. Nutritious snacks are provided in the afternoon.
The Day Center is open Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Exceptions will made directly with the staff.
The Day Center Programs are under the supervision of the Director, who is a professional with a Doctorate Degree in Psychology/Social Work. Additional staff includes Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) and specially trained volunteers.